Monday, October 26, 2009

October Works In Progress

I've been wanting to try my hand at these little wool felt candle mats and my last trip to the local quilt shop resulted in my coming home with $75.00 worth of materials ... and I only went for a spool or two of thread!!

I love the fact that these are all hand stitched, meaning I'm not totally tied to the sewing machine while I make them. No pattern per se for this one, just looked at a bunch and started winging it. I'm loving it so far!



I've had the fabric for this baby quilt for a while now and since the co-worker I'm making it for is now home on bed rest (baby not due til Christmas) I figured I'd better get my rear in gear (such a lovely saying :/ !!) So here is a simple disappearing nine patch all quilted and ready to bind. But do I have the right fabric for that little task? Nooo!! So a trip to somewhere that sells fabric is in the very near future.



I'm still looking for one more person to sign on for my Pay It Forward...c'mon, now folks...you have a WHOLE YEAR to make your three little projects. You know you don't want to miss out on this!

1 comment: