Saturday, August 21, 2010

Ryleigh Emma



Wow, I can't believe I haven't touched this blog for over five months! Okay, I'll admit, I discovered Facebook and the rest is history. But doesn't the birth of a new grandchild certainly warrant a blog post? I think it does!!

So Miss Ryleigh Emma arrived Thursday night, August 19th, at 10:06 p.m. Pacific time. Which means a 2 a.m. phone call to the East coast. But that's okay; those are the BEST kind of middle-of-the-night calls. Her arrival required an emergency c-section but both mother and baby are doing great. They are expected to go home tomorrow morning. I'd give anything to be out there helping right now, as the c-section certainly puts a different twist on things; like no picking up the 15 month old. But my plane ticket says September 25th, my youngest son leaves for college next weekend and I'm needed here on the homefront. In the meanwhile, I hope they know I'm there in spirit and do what I can with diapers.com! (Shipment should arrive Tuesday BTW!)

Thanks for letting me share our latest addition. I know .... she's perfect!!

No comments:

Post a Comment