Saturday, June 20, 2009

Day trip

Thursday my son-in-law took the day off of work so we could take a little day trip.



Leavenworth, Washington is a little Bavarian town with quaint gift shops and authentic German cuisine. Since that IS my nationality, Rick thought I'd enjoy it. He also thought I'd enjoy his pointing out various peaks he has summitted as he drove up the winding mountain side sixty miles an hour (that part, not so much!) At one point I did have to throw all caution to the wind and say "Richard, will you Please keep your eyes on the road!" Now I can be branded all the nasty mother-in-law names.



We had the most amazing lunch. I enjoyed cabbage rolls which I haven't had in years. My mom made the BEST cabbage rolls; I'll have to go through her recipe cards and see if she wrote anything down. Yes, she was one of those amazing cooks who just did it without thinking about it. I do have her potato salad down pat.



This was Benjamin's first outing in his new sling carrier. One on-looker thought Rhonda was taking a picture of the contents of her purse! All in all, it was a good day. I know I slept well that night. I enjoy doing the five thirty a.m. feedings, seeing as I am a morning person anyway. I just tell Rhonda to take advantage of my being here and to go back to bed. I never have to tell her twice!

2 comments:

  1. awww!!!
    that pic of rhonda, benjamin & you is perfect.
    go home and frame it.
    not. even. joking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had to call John out here to see the resemblance between you and Rhonda! What a great pic of you two. I also love the one of you and Ben above. I can only imagine how much you're eating every moment up while you're out there! Enjoy!!!

    ReplyDelete