Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Sweet Marie

I've had this little lap quilt done for a week or so but just got the label sewn on last night. It's made from various pink ribbon fabrics in the disappearing nine patch pattern. (Thanks again Rachel Griffith!)


I made this for a patient at the office where I work who recently lost her husband and who has recurrent breast cancer. She's a dear, dear lady in her early 80's who reminds me of my own mom so making this was therapeutic as my mother passed away of a heart attack before having an opportunity to even begin her breast cancer treatment.


I know when I give this to Marie today we'll both cry but that's therapy too. I miss you mom. You'd have loved Benjamin ... I'll give him extra kisses for you.

1 comment:

  1. Hey, I found your blog through your comment on Moda Bake shop. I love the pink ribbon lap quilt. My mom is a 2 time breast cancer survivor. About your comment on saving money on Vera Bradley purchases. I've recently found if you buy them once their "retired" online www.verabradley.com their half price and sometimes, less than half price. Great tip if you just have to every now and then still have a vera bradley.

    ReplyDelete