Sunday, January 18, 2009

Second Childhood!




When I get burned out on sewing quilts and quilt blocks, I make doll clothes for a change of pace. They're a quick, easy way to be creative and be able to see almost instant results. Reminds me of when Rhonda was a baby and everyone at church said she never wore the same dress twice ... each week her Mommy would make her a new one! That's pretty much true, and I loved every minute of it! 95% of the things I've made, I've given away to daughters of co-workers or my little niece Leslee. I've promised matching dresses to my great niece Avery for her and her doll, so I've got to get working on that. No doubt I'll have plenty to keep me busy this winter! Here are a few of the things I've made that, for whatever reason, are still in my possession. (I guess so that my own dolls aren't naked!) There'll always be a little bit of a little girl in this person!

No comments:

Post a Comment