Sunday, January 18, 2009

Test squares



Sometimes I just love a pattern I see so much that I want to put aside what I'm doing and work it up to see how my version looks. Then if I'm still in love with it, I'll turn it into something bigger at some point. I have several paper pieced patterns that incorporate a narrow black border between each piece that is added, creating a stained glass effect. It's beautiful! The one in pink was a possible pillow top for Relay for Life's raffle/fundraising efforts, then I realized I didn't have enough matching fabric to make two. So it's been pinned to the wall above my sewing machine, and there it stays! Just wanted to show you that it's okay to just sew for the fun of sewing, especially if you have a lot of scrap fabric like I do. It seems like the right thing to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment