Sunday, March 15, 2009

Grammie shopping!


My baby is going to be sixteen on Thursday! How is this possible ?!? So we had a great girl's day out (okay ... half a day, because she didn't get out of bed until 1 in the afternoon.) We did a late lunch, bought her some new clothes and shoes, did hair and nails, went to the bookstore where she found these "AMAZING" sweet-tart candies with the Twilight characters on the box, and Twilight appropriate sayings on the candies (No, she says she will NEVER open the box and will KILL anyone who would even consider eating them!) and while we were at the bookstore, I saw these adorable baby einstein things on the sale table. So in anticipation of grandchild #1 arriving in June, I made my first grammie purchase. I still don't know who I want to be ... Grandma Weible was their grandmother, and even though she isn't with us any longer, it doesn't seem right to use her name ... my co-worker is "granny" (No way!), so I'm playing around with how "grammie" sounds. After all, I am ONLY 52 !! So, it's been a great weekend. I got a package in the mail yesterday with fabrics for my second bee inspired block. So NOT what I'd choose, but hey, that's what this is all about. So I'll get that sewn up today and back in the mail to the gal in California that had this round. And of course, laundry beckons. Darn that laundry, it's always calling my name!

1 comment:

  1. So fun to buy for a baby! I bet he won't be spoiled ;) - not TOO bad anyway...

    ReplyDelete