I've seen the "disappearing 9 square" in numerous projects as I browsed various blogs and flickr pics and knew I wanted to try one sometime. Then darling Rachel Griffith (can I adopt you ?!!) posted a tutorial on her blog and ta-da ... here you go!
Now that I have a machine that will free motion quilt, I anticipate finishing up projects faster (okay, who am I kidding? Finishing up projects PERIOD ... got some UFO's around that may actually get some attention now!)
Okay ... how's this for a "DUH!!" moment ... as I'm sewing the 9 square blocks together and then slicing them up to rearrange the pieces and re-stitch them, I'm saying to myself, gee, you can't even tell it started as a simple 9 square ... oh, duh... DISAPPEARING 9 square!!! (Here's your sign!)
I like the idea of using a bit of color on the back so I decided to give it a try. That, and the fact that the piece of re-cycled sheet I was using was a tad short. I also got Jess's baby quilt all quilted and the binding stitched on. As soon as I get it hand stitched, I'll post it as well. Happy Sunday!
Oh, by the way ... the fabric is a charm pack from Moda "Sweet" by Urban Chiks. I love it. I have another charm pack, maybe I'll just make another one!